Laid off
Last month I was laid off. I felt bad about it for ~48 hours. Then felt totally fine. Now feel kinda meh as I realize that drawing down my savings before I secure new income will be unpleasant (though quite survivable for a while).
I don't have any thoughts at this precise moment, but I'm writing because I have to. In September 2023 I took FMLA leave for three months, and I barely remember it. Yes, I was in a play; yes, I did some real <redacted hobby>; yes, I went to the Dominican Republic. But how fulfilling was all that? How much do I remember? How fulfilling could it have been if I had written about it?
I don't know the answer beyond "more", and IMO that's enough. Logging my life and exploring my thoughts is always a worthy endeavor, and in turbulent stretches like this it's very important.
I don't like making promises to myself, but my last one in January didn't go too poorly. So here goes: from this day and until I start a new money-making endeavor (<redacted> doesn't count) I will post at least once right here. Even if it's just a single character to mark the barest effort, I will do it.
Good luck, me. I know you can do it. <3
(Also, henceforth I'm going to relabel <redacted> as "crocheting".)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home