A brief note on poker
A couple of posts ago I remarked on my good fortune to play poker with a group of people that I felt comfortable with, even if done if them were assholes, etc.
Well, I got to play at the same table with King Asshole today, and it just sucked the fun out of everything. I had to lock down my game and just try to avoid provoking him in any way (with limited success). In end I was able to outlast him, but I didn't make it to money. I think I would have preferred to get knocked out early than have to spend the majority of my evening getting progressively more annoyed while my chip stack was whittled down by his crazy run of good fortune.
I hope to god that he doesn't show up the next time I'm there, or at least that we're at different tables.
Well, I got to play at the same table with King Asshole today, and it just sucked the fun out of everything. I had to lock down my game and just try to avoid provoking him in any way (with limited success). In end I was able to outlast him, but I didn't make it to money. I think I would have preferred to get knocked out early than have to spend the majority of my evening getting progressively more annoyed while my chip stack was whittled down by his crazy run of good fortune.
I hope to god that he doesn't show up the next time I'm there, or at least that we're at different tables.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home