Hasta la Byebye

Om nom nom

Saturday, November 14, 2009

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

Yes, Thanksgiving is still two weeks away for most people. But not for me! Danielle's sister Kendra has flown up from DC to celebrate early Thanksgiving with her folks, and by golly, I'm joining the party and bringing mashed potatoes with me.

Of course right now I'm distanced from the party, blogging and watching old episodes of The Show with Ze Frank. It's nice to be able to retreat into Danielle's room. I never really liked continuous exposure to numerous people.

Sadly, I'm missing another Sandwich Day today. I haven't seen my doppelganger in far too long, and his hosting of the finest sandwich party in New England would ordinarily have been an excellent opportunity to change that; however, both Danielle and I are tired and cranky, and so we will miss Sandwich Day again.

I think it is clear to all of you (and future me) that I am not currently in any condition to blog. I'm not entirely sure why this is so. My mind seems to be working at partial strength, and I feel strangely spent. Maybe it's mental fatigue from spending time with people. It's extremely irksome, whatever it is. I can't think nor communicate whatever is floating in my brain. But I know I have a lot to say, and I don't want to keep piling up my regrets for not recording my life. Look how much time has gone by without any chronicling. I've forgotten so much of what has happened to me in these past months. I can't look back and order the events. It's like a large chunk of my life has been spent in a blank limbo. This isn't all that far from the truth, as very little has happened that's especially interesting, but that also isn't too unusual for my life in general. But now, looking back on these last several months they just seem so dark and featureless, and I think that is partly a function of non-blogging.

I am sorry, future me, for depriving you of your memories. At least you will know with certainty that I lament our forgetfulness. And I'm also sorry to everyone who felt compelled to read that soliloquy. You didn't have to, but I appreciate your effort.

Now to build some texture.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blog Directory - Blogged