Hasta la Byebye

Om nom nom

Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Rah, rah, rah! Suck it!

Apologies for the absolute triviality, but I fucking hate homework. At least I hate homework for my Game Theory class--the one I'm going to in forty-five minutes, the one that lasts for three hours, the one that has a paper due before Thanksgiving. That one. I'm increasingly resenting the highly mathematical approach we're taking, which might be fine in small doses spread out over a week like a normal class, but is death to someone like myself if I have to try to absorb three hours of it in the span of three hours. I spent over an hour trying to figure out what set of lotteries would satisfy the condition of second order stochastic dominance against a rather simple lottery and trying to express it on a simplex. That's the simplest way to explain it, it's only one part of a homework question, and it still sounds horrible. And it is, dearies, it is (largely, I say, because I'm not too clear on the definition of second order stochastic dominance).

It seems that having such a brilliant professor may wind up hurting us in the end. Perhaps if I beg him to go into more applied game theory and less of this mathematical rigor it'll be good, but I just don't know.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blog Directory - Blogged