Hasta la Byebye

Om nom nom

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

A teaser from my interview with Cameron Crowe, reporting for Rolling Stone

(Much more of the interview will appear in next week's edition, along with a nice background Story of Cantay.)

Crowe: The question on everyone's minds at this point, considering your long hiatus and your previous disenchantment with your fans, is what's bringing you back?

Cantay: First, I'd just like to apologize to those fans. Fans: I'm sorry I called the president of my fanclub "fucko" and I genuinely regret leaving the concert in Miami after a string in my harpiscord snapped. But back to your question, Cameron. Without trying to sound conceited, music courses through my veins. It's who I am. I could try to deny that I'm a genius, but that's too much effort for too little reward. I've decided to just sit back and take it, and maybe share a slice of awesomeness with the world.

Crowe: Your manager has hinted that there is one single in particular that we should look forward to on your forthcoming album. Care to touch on that?

Cantay: Absolutely. I believe the single he was referring to was The Sequel to Cantay. Obviously it's a working title, but it's based off the chart-topping Story of Cantay.

Crowe: Yes, I remember that one. As I recall, when I was walking down the streets of New York I saw so many people wearing "Fucking go to hell" t-shirts.

Cantay: What can I say? I love to let people express themselves. But yes, The Sequel to Cantay is going to be an epic ballad/pop hit/emo whinefest/metal symphony. It's going to be amazing. I can't wait for you to hear it.

Crowe: Was there any inspiration for that song in particular?

Cantay: Yes, actually. I took a test in my Differential Equations class just last week. Did horribly. As it turns out, however, I scored just above the average, which is significantly better than I'd hoped for. I've never been so happy to do so poorly on a test.

Crowe: Excellent. And are you planning to commemorate this unexpected non-defeat?

Cantay: Yes. I have a statistics test today that I haven't studied a whit for, and it's ironic because not studying is a big part of the message of The Sequel to Cantay.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blog Directory - Blogged