Hasta la Byebye

Om nom nom

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Hazirlan, Keciler!

I have two tests today; one in Globalization, the other in Discrete Math. I have these classes back-to-back, and it is the rare occasion when I will make it to math before the professor starts lecturing. Mmmmmmm, delicious walking.

But I am certainly much more worried about the content of these tests. Experience and logic dictate that the Globalization test will be exceptionally easy given how frightening the professor has been trying to make it sound. Lack of familiarity with some of the material, meanwhile, leads me to have nagging doubts about my ability to cut it. There is about a 50% chance that I will do well because the test is easy, 35% that I will do well because my test-taking skills will pick out everything that is needed, 13% that my test-taking skills won't be that awesome, and 2% that something catastrophic will happen.

In these days, where I like to think of all probabilities in terms of poker, that 2% represents the need to fulfill an inside straight flush on the river. That doesn't help me envision the actual probability, but it does make me morbidly fearful of the sort of abject pain you feel when you are greeted by that 3 of hearts showing up and giving your brain-dead opponent lots of money. Thankfully that's about the extent of my anxiety. And it's clearly not very much. Notice how I have this test in a couple of hours but I'm talking to my peeps? Damn straight, bitches.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blog Directory - Blogged