Hasta la Byebye

Om nom nom

Saturday, November 11, 2006

My God. ):

For some reason that doesn't quite come to mind, I decided it would be fun to look over the last couple of posts I made to Hasta la Byebye. I have never been so disgusted with my writing. It was just shocking to see the sort of drivel I'd put out over the past couple of months. I actually regressed, people, and it's horrifying.

This probably means I should make an effort to blog more often. I can't recall writing very much of anything aside from my UT essays over the last few months, so I have to guess that my poor brain is atrophying.

And that means more fun for all of you! (When you come, of course.)

Did I mention that one rather striking flaw in my writing is the unnecessary use of parentheses? Blegh, says I.

Now, just to throw in a dab of content: I'm going to play soccer tomorrow! Yes, I signed up for an inter-Pappadeaux soccer league, and our first practice is tomorrow. I'm very excited because I get to leave home at the crack of dawn wearing green basketball shorts (which I'd stolen from Eric long ago) and nasty-ass brown all-purpose shoes to show off my mediocre goalkeeping and downright poor ball-handling skills. Hopefully what I lack in skill I can make up for with speed and loud, distracting noises. Seriously, nothing confuses a player more than sprinting up to them, stopping just short of plowing them over, and yelling, "Gibu!" Worked every time in my Indoor Soccer class at GW.

I do hope that I don't embarrass myself out there. And I hope that the $25 we have to pay is going to be worth it. Our first game is Monday. I'll post an update as to my playing status before then. And even though I have very little playing experience and I'm in terrible shape, I'm really excited. My life is dreadfully short on play. It will be really nice just to play again.

Until next time! Hasta la byebye!

1 Comments:

  • At 12 November, 2006 19:44, Blogger Laura Borealis said…

    Hey there Ace, are you up volleyball around Thanksgiving sometime?? Because I am. And at least I can say this for your writing: it made me laugh out loud twice! You're doing at least something right. (hahaha I ironically started to type write instead of right.) Wow I'm a loser. Bye.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blog Directory - Blogged