Hasta la Byebye

Om nom nom

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Greetings and salutations, mes beaux amis, and welcome back to Hasta la Byebye.

A week or so ago I meant to make a post honoring Mr. Lincoln Chafee, the Republican senator from Rhode Island, but about halfway through I just kind of ran out of steam and stopped. But not today! I say we should honor you, Senator Chafee!

But that's enough Chafee-slurping, really. I didn't come here to give the man a great big hug; nay, I came here to reunite with the people!

Let me begin the reuniting process! I now have my very own automobile! She's a 1999 Saturn SL1 with cold air and a CD player that we were able to snag for $3,000, and I'm quite happy to have her. She still does not have a name, though, and for some reason the best I'm able to come up with is Gloria. So yes, please, for the love of God, help me come up with something more small, 70%-white-car-like.

But why did I get a car, you ask? Don't be a fool, son! I've got a job! I tutor economics students at HCC (Houston Community College, for those of you not familiar with the lingo), you silly gooses! And sure, they don't actually give me many hours--approximately ten per week--but it's good money and it serves to hone my mad skillz.

That by itself, however, would not pay for a car, so I had to actually find another job. Which I did! After Chili's, Outback, Saltgrass, and even Hasta la Pasta turned me down, Pappadeaux Seafood Kitchen (which probably nets more cash than the other four with the possible exception of Saltgrass) yoinked me into the fold. That's right, bitches. Towards the end of the month, I will begin work as a waiter. A Cajun waiter!

So yeah, I've got a pretty decent amount on my plate right now, which I have been very neglectful in informing you about. But come on. I'm a Cajun waiter!

Hasta la byebye, biznootch!

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Blog Directory - Blogged