I hereby declare (again--see some earlier blog for something similar to this sentence [minus the parentheses, of course]) that Ben Folds kicks ass.
If there were ever any doubt in my mind about this fact, it would all be erased by the following line you can find in the little booklet that comes with the album Rockin' the Suburbs. Check it out:
"the roast beef combo's only nine ninety five (AUS) = $4.95 (US)"
I was shocked, amazed, and utterly stupefied by that small-text bit at the end. And then I promptly began to worship Ben Folds.
And now, in other news, I really wish I could make a top-ten list of movies like Eric had. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely certain that I've seen ten movies this year. Really, I probably have--perhaps something closer to twenty, actually--, I just can't remember them all. Alas, so it must be. I will, however, extol the virtues of Collateral, The Terminal, Motorcycle Diaries, Team America: World Police, and Sideways (the first two were taken directly from the list of top ten movies Eric put up and the last three were taken from the list of movies he wanted to see; yes, I do depend on Eric for my culture, which includes listing my culture).
In other news, for those who are uncertain, I am a Democrat. An angry, angry Democrat. Angry at Bush, angry at his own party, angry at pretty much everything, just as a good young Democrat should be. I appreciate the question. ^.^
Unfortunately, that is all I want to talk about my last post for now. I want to go on and sort of clarify myself, perhaps expound on a couple of grayish things, but I completely lack the initiative and motivation to do so right now.
I would now, in closing, like to wish everyone a happy new year. So... happy new year, folks! Here's to less bastardliness and more cookies! Hasta la byebye!
If there were ever any doubt in my mind about this fact, it would all be erased by the following line you can find in the little booklet that comes with the album Rockin' the Suburbs. Check it out:
"the roast beef combo's only nine ninety five (AUS) = $4.95 (US)"
I was shocked, amazed, and utterly stupefied by that small-text bit at the end. And then I promptly began to worship Ben Folds.
And now, in other news, I really wish I could make a top-ten list of movies like Eric had. Unfortunately, I'm not entirely certain that I've seen ten movies this year. Really, I probably have--perhaps something closer to twenty, actually--, I just can't remember them all. Alas, so it must be. I will, however, extol the virtues of Collateral, The Terminal, Motorcycle Diaries, Team America: World Police, and Sideways (the first two were taken directly from the list of top ten movies Eric put up and the last three were taken from the list of movies he wanted to see; yes, I do depend on Eric for my culture, which includes listing my culture).
In other news, for those who are uncertain, I am a Democrat. An angry, angry Democrat. Angry at Bush, angry at his own party, angry at pretty much everything, just as a good young Democrat should be. I appreciate the question. ^.^
Unfortunately, that is all I want to talk about my last post for now. I want to go on and sort of clarify myself, perhaps expound on a couple of grayish things, but I completely lack the initiative and motivation to do so right now.
I would now, in closing, like to wish everyone a happy new year. So... happy new year, folks! Here's to less bastardliness and more cookies! Hasta la byebye!

5 Comments:
At 02 January, 2005 00:25,
Anonymous said…
Ya know what... You suck. Honestly. I'd like to be nicer and talk to you more, but I'm not a big phone person. I like IM much better, but you're never on at a reasonable hour. I'd like to talk to you sometime BEFORE midnight. Significantly before midnight so I've got some time before I get tired. I can't keep staying up late every night just so I can have a conversation with you that I won't remember the next day because I was too tired while having it. I can't keep waking up at 11 or 12 every "morning" after staying up late either--I find it rather disgusting and quite a waste of my life. But I suppose with only two weeks to go, it really doesn't matter much.
That's all. I just felt like complaining because, once again, even though I'm deathly tired I was sitting here at the computer waiting for you to sign on to AIM so maybe we could talk a little.
And I'm sorry if you were on earlier and I missed you--I know I can be a jerk sometimes like that.
At 03 January, 2005 00:37,
Anonymous said…
cantay- one time friend and fellow decathalete who no longer cares to respond to the comments that i have posted with such care and skill-
screw you.
im going to turkey. and im gonna tell em all that cantay ozkan is a little girl. in a pink dress. with pigtails and red hair. so they wont let you in next time. so yeah.
-sarosh (i left white space to signify how im leaving so many other things unsaid)
At 03 January, 2005 02:55,
Das Goat said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
At 03 January, 2005 03:01,
Das Goat said…
Sarosh: See above. Once again, my sincerest apologies for being a seemingly uncaring prick. And don't worry, I'm not arrogant enough to think that all is well now that I've said something. But I said something.
Erin: I just might have to take you up on that one of these days. And don't worry, I despise ad hominem.
Laura: Carrying. Cathy.
(Edited from previous to add on the Sarosh's and create Laura's)
At 16 February, 2005 16:37,
Miles said…
Ah yes, Ben Folds is a genius and Still Fighting It is a great song. You cant possibly listen to it without feeling the urge to sing along
Post a Comment
<< Home